UAE Laws and Islamic Finance

Laws of the UAE and Islamic Finance

How do I Transfer my Visa if I find a New Job in the UAE?

First of all, you do not need an NOC in three cases:

1.) If your salary has been delayed by more than two months.

2.) If you have a court judgment declaring arbitrary dismissal.

3.) If you have completed a three year work contract.

However, in all other instances, those who are already employed in the UAE may only seek new employment by transferring their visa from their current employer to their new employer or cancelling their current work visa and re-entering the country and going through the same process which was required to get their original work visa.

Conditions to transfer visas between employers in the UAE:

  1. The employee must have been employed with the original employer for at least one year.
  2. The previous employer must approve the new employment.
  3. The new employment must be in the same profession as the previous employment.
  4. The employee must hold a valid residency visa.
  5. The employee’s title must be from the categories for which visa transfer is permitted.
  6. The Ministry of Labor must approve the transfer.

The documents required for the transfer of visa application include the following:

  1. The application form.
  2. Copy of the labor card.
  3. Copy of the establishment card for both sponsors.
  4. Copy of the trade license of both sponsors.
  5. A copy of the employee’s passport and residency visa.
  6. A copy of the employee’s degree and or professional certificates attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
  7. The application fee.

Once the application is approved by the Ministry of Labor, the Ministry will issue three letters to the new employer.

  1. A letter listing all of the documents required to proceed with the transfer;
  2. A letter which is an undertaking from the previous sponsor that he paid the entire amount of the employee’s dues, signed by the employer;
  3. A letter containing the approval and payment codes.

Once the approval fee is paid and the above requirements are met, the new employer/employee can begin to apply for the labor card and visa.  The employee must secure the new residency visa within sixty days from the date the transfer was effected.

*This information was taken from Al Tamimi, Brochure on Immigration Law and Gulf News Ask the Law.


  Ben Thomas wrote @

With reference to your sentence;
“Once the approval fee is paid and the above requirements are met, the new employer/employee can begin to apply for the labor card and visa.”
Who is responsible for this fee? Employer or employee?

[…] Within the realm of the private sector, generally, if one has not completed three years of employment with the former employer, it is necessary to obtain an NOC letter from the employer letter in order to transfer to the sponsorship of another employer. […]

  Soterie wrote @

Does this mean a maid cannot transfer her visa even on agreement of her sponsor to a new job such Guest Relations Personnel?

  Rasyl Amor wrote @

All this time I am waiting for the NOC from my previous company as what i understand is that when transferring my visa with my new company i would need it. But reading your article have opened a new idea to me that i don’t need an NOC since i finished the 3 years contract with my previous company.Currently I am on the grace period (after my visa expired on 14 Nov.) Now, with my limited time, will i’ll be charged with overstaying? My new company will start processing the visa transfer on sunday, 12th Dec

  RAKESH SINGH wrote @

Madem >I came late from vacation <hence my company is tarmiating me but iam getting job another place they are not giveing me time of 10 days then what is the proucessior?

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Islam Future → The Future For Islam

Holy Qur'an, E-Books, Audios, Videos, Lectures, Articles and much more


Muslim Bibliophilia

Adventures Of Douglas Sonders

Follow My Adventures In the Photography and Video Industry

%d bloggers like this: