Submit the following to the Immigration Department for a city of Dubai employment visa:
- Employee’s passport copy.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Approval Letter Received from the Ministry of Labor.
- Copy of the immigration card and the original for verification.
- Copy of the Trade License.
- Application Fee.
Once the employment visa is obtained, a copy should be sent to the employee and the original lodged at the airport at least two hours before the employee’s arrival. When the employee enters the country, the next step is to apply for the employee’s residence permit.
First, the employee must take the medical test in a government hospital in the emirate of employment and obtain a medical certificate and health card. When getting the medical test, the employee should take with him or her a copy of the passport, a copy of the employment visa, four passport size photographs, and the appropriate fee. Once the medical certificate is issued, the application for the labor card should be made to the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs within 30 days of the employee’s entry into the UAE. In order to apply for the labor card, one must submit the following documents:
- Application form typed and submitted through the Injaz program.
- The contract of employment between the employee and the employer.
- Two passport photographs of the employee.
- Copy of the medical certificate.
- A copy of the Trade License.
- A copy of the Ministry of Labor Card of the Business.
- A copy of the visa.
The next step is to apply for the Residence Permit. In order to do this, one must submit the following documents to the Immigration Department:
- A copy of the receipt of submitting the transaction to the Ministry of Labor.
- The completed application form typed and submitted through the Injaz Programme.
- The original medical certificate.
- The employee’s original passport.
- The original employment visa issued to the employee.
- A copy of the sponsor’s passport.
- A copy of the Business’s trade license.
- A copy of the immigration card of the business.
- Two passport size photographs of the employee.
- The application fee.
This should be done within 60 days of the employee’s entry into the UAE on his employment visa.
The penalty for not completing the applications within the required time limits: 25 AED per day to the Immigration Department and 500 AED per day to the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs.
*This information was taken from Al Tamimi brochure on Immigration Law. Please note different procedures apply in each individual UAE free zone. This information in no way implies a successful visa application.