Archive for January 1, 2013
Call For Papers and Participants
The 20th Global Finance Conference
May 20-22, 2013, Monterey Bay, California-USA
Paper Submission Deadline: January 25, 2013
The 20th Global Finance shall be hosted by Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS) May 20-22, 2013. Professor Sandra Dow is co-Chair and “Risk Management” is the theme. Papers/proposals in the categories are solicited:
1. Competitive Papers: Completed paper submitted by deadline; will be considered the Best Paper Awards.
2. Work-in-Progress: Abstract is submitted by the deadline; paper is to be completed by Conference date.
3. Proposal for Panel, Workshop, Tutorial.
4. Doctoral Students Papers.
Please submit your paper or proposal electronically via the Global Finance Conference website: http://glofin.org/conference by January 25, 2013. The first page shall contain the title, track identification number (see conference topics below) and authors’ name, affiliation, address, e-mail, phone, and fax. The body of the paper shall not have any author identification and must begin with the paper title and abstract. All entries will be refereed through a double-blind review process. Authors of accepted papers may submit a two-page detailed abstract for the 2013 GFC e-Proceedings.
In memoriam of our beloved Professor Les Zambo, the top six (6) papers presented at the Conference would be awarded on a competitive basis and would be considered for publication in a Special Issue of the Global Finance Journal. One of the awards is dedicated to the doctoral student papers.
TOPICS: Topics in Global Financial Economics include:
1. Asset Allocation/Country/Hedge Funds/ETFs
2. Banking/Financial Services/Investment Banking
3. Country Risk/Debt Issues/Insurance/Reinsurance
4. Corporate Governance/Executive Compensation
5. Emerging Markets
6. Entrepreneurship/Venture Capital
7. Ethics/Social Responsibility
8. Financial Crises: Causes, Impacts, Solutions
9. Financial Information Technology-Systems (FITS)
10. Foreign Currency Issues
11. Financial Engineering & Derivatives
12. Global Imbalances & Sustainability
13. Education/Curriculum/Distance Learning
14. Interest-Free Banking/Islamic Finance
15. Market Behavior Efficiency/Inefficiency
16. Multinational Financial Management
17. Risk Management – Extra Financial Risk
18. Financial Accounting, Regulation & Taxation
19. Valuation/Pricing/EVA & MVA
20. Working Capital & Treasury Management
Manuchehr Shahrokhi, California State University-Fresno
Sandra M. Dow, Monterey Institute of International Studies
K.C. Chen, California State University-Fresno
Ali Fatemi, DePaul University-Chicago
Mohammad Ariff, Monash University-AUSTRALIA
Robert Balik, Western Michigan University
Giovanni Barone-Adesi, Institute of Finance, UNSI
Rosita Change, University of Hawaii
Yea-Mow Chen, San Francisco State University
Huifang Cheng, Zhejiang Univ. of Technology-CHINA
Krishnan Dandapani, Florida International University
Iraj Fooladi, Dalhousie University – CANADA
Michael Frankel, WHU Koblenz, GERMANY
Jack Glen, The World Bank
Ahmad Hosseini, Gulf University-GUST-KUWAIT
A. Can (John) Inci, Bryant University
Ricardo Leal, COPEAD, Rio, Brazil
Jamshid Mehran, Indiana University
Guido Mantovani, Ca’ Foscari University, Venice, ITALY
Ehsan Nikbakht, Hofstra University-Long Island, NY
Edgar Ortiz, UNAM, MEXICO
James Owers, Georgia State University
Ali Parhizgari, Florida International University
Sunil S. Poshakwale, Cranfield University-UK
Ghon Rhee, University of Hawaii
Yochanan Shachmurove, City College-CUNY
Adam Szyszka, Poznan Univ. Economics-POLAND
Jacky So, University of Macau-CHINA
Gautam Vora, New Mexico State University
Yeomin Yoon, Seton Hall University
Janis K. Zaima, San Jose State University
HOTEL: Portola Plaza & Spa ( https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=10345912 ) is the Conference hotel. Please make reservations by calling directly at (831) 649-4511 ext. 362 or (888) 222-5851 and identifying themselves as attendees of the Global Finance Conference to get special discounted rates.
Manuchehr Shahrokhi, Ph.D.
Executive Director, GFA-GFC & Craig Fellow Professor
California State University – Fresno, CA 93740, USA
GFC 2013 Program Co-Chair
Monterey Institute of International Studies
Monterey Bay, CA USA
British Society for Middle Eastern Studies (BRISMES) Annual Conference Call for Papers 2013 (Dublin)
The Ninth International Conference on Islamic Economics and Finance Call for Papers 2013 (Istanbul, Turkey)
The Ninth ICIEF is being jointly organized by the Statistical, Economic & Social Research and Training Centre for Islamic Countries (SESRIC), a subsidiary organ of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Group through its Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), the International Association for Islamic Economics (IAIE), and the Qatar Foundation’s Hamad Bin Khalifa University through its Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies (QFIS).